New robot eyes

After moving into a new studio in early May, I’ve made good progress on the robot project and revised several ideas. One major change is the eyes. Instead of using super bright LEDs with red acrylic lenses, I’ve switched to addressable LEDs in custom 3D printed holders, mapped with Madmapper.

The video shows the current state of the eyes. They’re not finished yet – the eye piece will be sprayed silver and I’ll add some details around the lens. Even at this stage, they look pretty good. I think they’ll work well in the darker environment of a club or music venue.

This new design should give me more flexibility with the robot’s expressions and lighting effects. It’s a practical improvement that also enhances the overall look.

Back to Top
Close Zoom
Context Menu is disabled by theme settings.